[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

drawbridgedown-drop1 at yahoo.com drawbridgedown-drop1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 10:24:53 PDT 2008

You might consider a subscription-level tutorial package or a self-published book on how to use ardour from the ground up.

I know it's difficult to generate help documentation on a non-commercial product, but I find the available documents to be incomplete and uncomprehensive.  I've had to scratch and dig for help at an introductory level for how to use ardour in conjunction with other opensource products--JAMIn, JACK and latency issues, etc.

I've been dying for somebody to do a walkthrough project on a specific system the way they've got it configured, and I would be willing to pay for it.

Perhaps if you can come up with a "book of projects" starting from scratch with ardour, and make that available with a subscription, I think others like myself would be eager to get their hands on it.

thousands of downloaders, just 117 people were subscribing during April,
and only another 5-10 people made one-time donations.

It is vitally important that the financial support for Ardour gets
distributed across more than just 100+ people and a couple of companies
(who could decide to change their minds at any time, as SSL did). If you
have ideas for how to widen the pool of people who support Ardour,
especially in an ongoing way, please share them with me via this mailing
list. I'm particularly interested in ideas that don't actually take me
much time, either in terms of research or implementation.

thanks,
--p