[Ardour-Users] Tap Equalizer kills audio

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Thu May 15 15:04:36 PDT 2008

francis keyes wrote:
> I am finding that the Tap Equalizer plugin in Ardour does nothing but
> kill (mute) the audio on any channel where it is activated.

I was intermittently experiencing the same problem, also using SMP
x86_64.  IIRC Ardour's built-in denormal protection didn't help for some
reason.  At one point I tried modifying the TAP source and posted a
patch here:
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2007/08/att-0027/tap-plugins-denormal-fix.diff

I've not had any confirmation from anyone on whether or not it helped.
In fact, I can't remember if it worked 100% for myself or not.  I'm
afraid it's been quite some time since I did any audio work at all.  But
you might want to try it if you're out of ideas.

Also there was an attempt at writing a denormal-safe SSE2-optimised
alternative to TAP EQ by Mike Taht, as mentioned here:
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2007/08/0028.html

The download link (which appears to be broken in the list archives)
should be:
http://www.taht.net/~mtaht/mdp.tgz

Again, I don't really remember if those plugins worked fully or not.  I
must have really terrible memory as it was only about six months ago.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven at pyro.eu.org