[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu May 15 09:01:47 PDT 2008

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 17:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>

>> If somebody needs more money and has no political desire, for me the
>> easiest way seems to make Ardour proprietary. What will speak against this?
>>

> you're out of line. i've already turned down 3 serious plans to turn
> ardour into a private corporation and close the source. so *i* will
> speak against this.

Hi Paul :)

that sounds fine but I don't think anything will change for you without
becoming proprietary. I'm working for free, too and I need state benefit
for survival. I'm 41 and my experience tells me the only solution seems
to become proprietary. Sometimes we have to make hard decisions.

For me it will be better if Ardour will stay for free.

Cheers,
Ralf