[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu May 15 08:39:44 PDT 2008

On 15 May 2008 at 17:30, Svend-Erik Madsen <sv-e at sv-e.dk> wrote:

> If the payment method is becoming a political issue it's not gonna help
> his finances anyway.
>
> If you want to donate, why not use PayPal, like it or not ?

That's what I do.  I was actually suggesting the same think you
are.  That is to use PayPal now, and then see if an alternate
method could be arranged sometime within the year before the
PayPal subscriptions would have to be renewed.  I think that
could actually solve both the long term issue and the short term
need.  I'm hoping that this kind of idea would be a tipping point
for some, changing their attitude from, "PayPal?  No way!" to
"OK, if PayPal is only for a year, I'll do it."  Who knows,
after a year, maybe PayPal will be OK for some.  It seems better
to me than I'd expected.

Cheers....

--
Kevin