[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue May 13 08:29:01 PDT 2008

On 13 May 2008 at 11:08, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> I'm particularly interested in ideas that don't actually take me
> much time, either in terms of research or implementation.

Maybe some little changes in the web page?  That shouldn't take all
that long.

The note about 501c(3) actually delayed my subscribing, wanting to
get matching funds from my company's foundation (ardour might qualify
as it supports 'the arts') and wanting to get a tax deduction.  I
wonder if anyone else is delaying?  Last I heard, non-profit status
was a very long-term goal which might be dropped.

Would it be useful to note on the webpage the kids of users who
might want to consider donating?  For instance:

 - if you sell something made with ardour, consider subscribing, or
   "reinvesting" some of the funds into ardour.

 - if you use ardour on an ongoing basis, consider subscribing in an
   ongoing way

 - if you include ardour in your distribution, consider supporting
   ardour

 - if you want to continue to amaze your friends with how much Linux
   can do, then support ardour

 - if you want to choose one ardour feature bug/support issue to be
   raised one level in priority, then subscribe today.  Mandriva Club
   members get to vote for the priority of applications to be
   included in future releases.

 - if you use ardour more than once a month?

You get the idea.  I should have paid more attention during my local
area's public broadcasting pledge week.  ;-)

Someone who raises funds for a living told me the other day, that the
single hardest thing to do to raise money is to ask people to donate.
He also said that asking is the single most productive way to increase
donations.  You might consider asking for donations more often.  I
know I wouldn't mind that.  You ask very seldom.

Would a monthly mailing of financial status, e.g. current
subscriptions, new subscriptions, goals & actuals, be workable?  It
would quietly keep the situation in front of me.

Anyway, I hope something here helps a bit.

G'luck....

P.S.:	Folks, it's pretty easy to subscribe.  Ya might as well try it.

--
Kevin