[Ardour-Users] Question about region->raise to top layer, lower to bottom layer

Jürgen Schöneberg jschoeni at gmx.net
Mon Mar 31 04:15:57 PDT 2008

Hej!

I use version: Ardour 2.3 (built from revison 3029)

I recorded in one and the same track e.g two times over the same time range.
(2 takes of the same solo)

with the right mouse click on the ranges I get  a menu where I can select the
two recorded ranges by name (e.g solo-3.1 and solo-2.1) (btw I don't
understand the name endings 3.1 and 2.1 ? )

then I thought I can select one of these ranges to be played in the song
when I select one of them with 'raise to top layer', (or deselect the other
with 'lower to bottom layer')

But nothing happens (visual I just see the last recorded range on top, and
that's also what I hear when I play the song with all tracks)

of course I can select the range wich is recorded first by selecting 'popup
region editor' and 'play'  (audition), but I can listen to it only solo.

do I do wrong ?

thanks for help
Juergen