[Ardour-Users] Installation of Ardour3

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 05:09:30 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 12:39:45AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Maybe, in the repositories for 64studio and Debian Etch I couldn't find
> a devel package named like this but a package libgtk2.0-0 already is
> installed.

If you're using Etch you might find that it doesn't use a recent
enough version of GTK2. I had to use more up to date GTK2 packages
to get Ardour2.x to compile on Etch. They're available here:

http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ardour2-etch.html

FWIW I'd probably use Debian testing or unstable for compiling cutting-edge
audio stuff.

John