[Ardour-Users] Installation of Ardour3

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 27 16:39:45 PDT 2008

Hi :)

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf:
>

>> I'm not sure if it is clever trying to compile Ardour3 while being
>> stressed but I will go on with it. Again I stopped clueless, see
>> points * LV2 * and * Ardour * in the attachment. Maybe you now
>> what's missing.
>>

> I think you're missing gtk2-devel.

Maybe, in the repositories for 64studio and Debian Etch I couldn't find
a devel package named like this but a package libgtk2.0-0 already is
installed. Now I installed a package named ardour-gtk-i686 described as
'digital audio workstation (graphical gtk interface) [i686]' but I don't
think this will help to compile the subversion version. I haven't the
time to test it now because I have a Linux multi boot and I have to stay
in my Suse now.

I'll google for the gtk2 header files tomorrow, resp. tody but later. At
the moment I'm looking for a low-coast 64bit hardware solution (mobo,
cpu with fan and RAM) featuring ATA and AGP or a gfxcard.
I thought libgtk2.0-0 is the devel but apparently this has been an error.

After doing all that I'll ask for help or hopefully inform you that
everything will be fine.

> Wolfgang
>
> ps: You don't need to mail me privately. Just keep it on the list.
> That's where the real expertise lingers anyway.

I'm sorry.

Cheers,
Ralf