[Ardour-Users] Installation of Ardour3

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Mon Mar 24 10:18:43 PDT 2008

Sonntag, 23. März 2008 Ralf Mardorf:

> nearly everything seems to be fine but I don't know what's wrong
> with the installation of Ardour3. It looks like 'scon install'
> won't install but compile Ardour3 again, see the attached HOWnotTO.
> I also run 'scons' without options followed by 'scons install' what
> seems to be the same.

Here's the wood:
WARNING: SLV2 not found, or too old.  Ardour will be built without LV2
support.
Boost header files do not appear to be installed.

The log pretty much tells you what to do: Get a contemporary slv2
via "svn co http://svn.drobilla.net/lad/slv2" plus make and install.
And install the boost header files -- might be your distro provides
those in an extra package called slv2-devel or libslv2-devel

Wolfgang