[Ardour-Users] No waveforms in 2.3

Gregory Anderson gymjb at stu.ca
Sun Mar 2 12:32:57 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 18:38 +0000, John Emmas wrote:
> [...]

I have ten menus (session, transport, edit, select, regions, view, jack,
windows, options, and help.

> I upgraded to 2.3 (on my laptop machine) about 2 days ago and everything
> built fine (after installing some new library - I think it was fft3w or
> something like that).  I just tried the same thing on my desktop PC but
> a few things have gone awry.....  firstly, I can't see any waveforms when
> I load a (pre-existing) project.  Secondly, I only have 5 of the drop-down
> menus available (Session, Transport, Edit, View and JACK).  And thirdly, it
> doesn't seem to have built  libardour_tranzport.so (although the app still
> seems to launch without it).

This is happening for me in new projects as well.

> I did a "scons --clean" before I started and I've just cleaned up again and
> started a fresh build, in case it was a one-off.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

I had allready built 2.3 from source before.  But I had some problems
building it so when I realized it was in the fedora repo I 'scons
uninstalled' it and got it from the repo.  Everything seems to by fine
exect there are no waveforms.

Greg