[Ardour-Users] midi binding issue (ardour 2.3)

Martin . blindmanonacid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 05:56:56 PST 2008

Hi, thanks for taking the time!

I found the mistake in my ardour.rc file:

  <MIDI-port tag="control" device="ardour" mode="duplex" type="alsa/sequencer">
    <connections>
      <read dest="20:0"/>
      <read dest="20:1"/>
    </connections>
 </MIDI-port>         <---here!!
  <MIDI-port tag="mcu" device="ardour" mode="duplex" type="alsa/sequencer"/>
  <MIDI-port tag="seq" device="ardour" mode="duplex" type="alsa/sequencer"/>

as the "</MIDI-port>" should naturally live at the end of the MIDI entries..

I'll answer my own topic on this in the forum as well with some more
details on how to connect a standard midi controller.

Cheers!
Martin