[Ardour-Users] wrong thing removed ?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Mar 1 01:04:05 PST 2008

What did I misunderstand about "remove"?  I had two exactly
overlapping regions from two recording takes.  I wanted to keep
5.1 and remove 3.1.  5.1 was on top and 3.1 was on the bottom.
I hovered over the region, right clicked to bring up the region
menu that has 3.1 and 5.1 "menus" at the top, pulled through the
3.1 menu, scrolled down to "remove", and unclicked.  I thought
that since I did this through the 3.1 submenu, that I would
remove the 3.1 region.  But, this is not what happened.  Instead
the 5.1 region was deleted.

What should I have known before doing this?  I'd like to not make
the mistake again.

Thanks.....

--
Kevin