[Ardour-Users] What's the latest version of Ardour I can build with 0.103 jack?

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 04:00:33 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 02:41:13PM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:
> I've run into this brick wall:
>
> http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=2274
>
> What's the latest version of Ardour that will build and run with 0.103 JACK?

I'm running 2.4.1 with 0.103 on my Debian Etch system.
Caveat: I'm not using -rt kernel as I've never been able to get
jackd to run with it on my hardware (dual Opteron 248), so I'm
using vanilla 2.6.20 kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT=y.

> I can't risk the stability of the audio system by changing to a newer
> jackd that might introduce a whole bunch of bew problems or break other
> audio apps.
>
> Alternately, what's the most recent STABLE version of JACK available?
> I see that 0.109.2 is out, but I don't see that it fixes the wait + 1
> problem with certain Linux kernels (like the one I have) discussed on
> the JACK list.

I tried 0.109.2 but clients kept zombifying at random times. That's
why I reverted to 0.103, which is stable.

John