[Ardour-Users] Anyone using a HDSP9632 at 96K ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jun 7 12:24:48 PDT 2008

> Strangely enough though - both utilities seem to be perfectly happy to
> switch automatically between 48K and 44.1K.  In other words, if I set up
> Ardour for 48K or 44.1K I don't need to faff around with anything else.
> So what stops them from switching automatically to 96K?

Just a thought:

44,1 we can hear the less quality, but it's CD standard

48 we only be able to miss analogue tape compression etc., but the sound
seems to be like the original and it's DAT standard

96 might be the best quality for many sound chips, but it might be
needles, because it's to good in most cases

:)