[Ardour-Users] Restarting Ardour 4.2.1 under Leopard

josue moreno josuemoreno1 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:31:23 PDT 2008

Hi again sorry for my lazyness,

I will describe the best I can the last crash I just had a few moments ago:

My system:

MacBookPro 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Dui
2G RAM

Mac OS X 10.5.2

Ardour 2.4.1 (Mac OS native version)
Jack dmp 0.71
Jack Router 0.8.7
JackPlot 1.6.3 (I think the bundle was 0.77 Leopard compatible)

I have a 4 stereo tracks project and I was inserting in one of the tracks a plugin (I think it was delayorama)

The rainbow spinning wheel of the dead appears and Ardour quits. (other times I have to force quit)

then I restart and I try to reopen the session and a window saying:

Ardour could not start JACK
There are several possible reasons:

1) You requested audio parameters that are not supported.
2)Jack is running as another user.

Please consider the possibilities, and perhaps try different parameteres.

I sent a screenshot but maybe the system blocked it. Anything, I check all the parameters and nothing is wrong, I am at 44100 16bits, dont have any external device. Just rebooting solves the problem. But I have many crashes so I cannot be restarting every time.

Maybe I can try to download the X11 version, do you think it is slower or have problems with the MOTU 8k8 firewire (the native doesnt have problems with MOTU at the moment). Are the plugins available (AU and VST) in the X system version?

Thanks,

Josué.