[Ardour-Users] What does the red stuff in this screenshot mean?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sun Jun 1 15:17:51 PDT 2008

On 1 June 2008 at 14:25, "Alex Polite" <mylists at polite.se> wrote:

> What does the red stuff in this screenshot mean?
> http://blomma.ladjo.ath.cx:3030/open/redstuff.png

I've been under the impression that red in that window means that the
signal has clipped.  But, in my experience, when I see red there,
it's always at the extreme edges of the signal window.  That's not
the case in your picture.  But, your picture looks like you've got
the display set to something other than the default, and I don't know
exactly how to compare your signal to my own.

I wonder if ardour is "smart enough" to show clipping on a waveform
when it's occurred at some point in the signal chain prior to getting
to that window?  Was that waveform derived from some other waveform
within ardour?

Any other guesses?

--
Kevin