[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up of unused files

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Jan 25 17:10:36 PST 2008

Le Vendredi, 25 Janvier 2008 18:45:53 -0500,
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> a écrit :

>>   Some kind of Perl utility perhaps.

> it would have to build full knowldge of the entire session and all
> snapshots. that is quite tricky to do, though "its just XML", so its
> not impossible.

  I obviously haven't took a look at a session's file yet, but I
presume that once a user has used the Session menu to tag all unused
files, then they are clearly marked in the session's configuration
file(s).  If so, and if there are no amiguities about this tagging and
to which file each tag relates, then traversing directories and parsing
XML files is rather easy in Perl.  I might give it a try.  Some kind of
utility that can be run once in a while, or as a cron job.

Cheers,

Al