[Ardour-Users] mixdown problem

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 09:44:19 PST 2008

Hi

I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts:

I run ardour (2.3) under linux with a handful or so of various
softsynths. I route each synth to a bus in ardour, and when I want to
get a mix of everything I simply record everything to a new track in
ardour and export the resulting audio.

However on a particular project (but also on some others) I cannot
record this way. While recording the waveform is not drawn, and after
recording the track is blank. There's created a region but it only lasts
a very short time, about 0.1 second or so.

Is the above description enough for someone here to identify the
problem, and suggest a solution, or should I post one/more files from
the project?

I'm really hoping this can be fixed, cause I need to put this track on
my new CD in a couple of weeks...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte