[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.3 released

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Feb 8 09:42:50 PST 2008

On 8 February 2008 at 9:24, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Another month has crept up on us, and the next release of Ardour is
> here. 2.3 includes major new features in the area of tempo
> management and feature analysis, a dozen or so important-to-useful
> bug fixes, another dozen or so improvements and provisional LV2
> (LADSPA version 2) support.

Wow, just when I think I've learned enough of Ardour to be nearly
a newbie with it, and lots more features get stuffed into it. :^)
What a nice "problem" to have.

With some past releases of Ardour that altered keybinding
or configurable UI I was required to [re]move some files in
~/.ardour2, is that the case this time?

FWIW, 2.3 builds just fine on my Mandriva 2007.0 system.  I
already had FFTW devel libs installed for something else, and
apparently I had enough to get Ardour to build.

When packaging into an RPM I ran into a couple places where file
names contained "2.3" rather than the entire version number,
"2.3.1".  I just defined %majver to "2.3" and away I went.  I
only mention this for others who might package Ardour on their
own.

Very many thanks to Chris Cannam, Audun Halland, Doug Mclain,
Nick Mainsbridge, Jörn Nettingsmeier & the happy overworked
grunt, Paul.

Cheers....

--
Kevin