[Ardour-Users] IN-active tracks cause disk overruns?

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Fri Feb 8 06:25:22 PST 2008

I had the same issue 2 nights ago.  I have about 12 tracks and 8 busses in
my session and if i set one of the tracks as inactive i would get the 'disk
couldnt keep up' message.  The odd thing was that it would continue playing
even with that message up.  Then i reactivated the track and the playback
stopped.  Weird, huh?

By the way, i was doing mixdown so i wasnt recording at the time,
only listening.  Unfortunately im not at my computer and i dont remember
if im at Ardour 2.2 or 2.3.  I know its one of those two, but i dont know which one.
Im also on Fedora Core 5 with an Intel processor.

Ill try and see if i can reproduce this during the weekend and verify my version.

--Brett