[Ardour-Users] Motherboard hints and tips?

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sat Feb 2 15:12:44 PST 2008

Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> writes:

> does anybody on the list have any recommendations for motherboard

As some have mentioned, the expensive Tyan boards are of very high
quality to my understanding and will be my next buy. To my
understanding, Iwill and Tyan are the top manufacturers of
motherboards.

You should definitely go for an AMD solution with socket F, which is
the socket you get the best processor for.

Some tyan boards are able to run coreboot (formerly linuxbios), which
would end bios hell.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m