[Ardour-Users] Freeze a track?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Wed Dec 31 19:56:32 PST 2008

On 31 December 2008 at 15:40, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us> wrote:

> What does "freeze" do in the edit window?  I'm wanting a feature
> which puts a track into a state where I can't edit it until I take it
> out of that state.  Ideally, all the plugins, etc, would also be
> uneditable while in this state.  Is "freeze" the right feature?
> If not, is there a feature to do this?

It looks like plugins do "freeze" the way I was hoping for.  But, I
can't understand why the volume of the frozen track changes when it
gets frozen.  Some are frozen quite a bit louder, some quieter, and
this is also visible in the waveform graphic for the associated
track.  The volume returns to the original settings when tracks are
unfrozen.

Thanks....
--
Kevin