[Ardour-Users] [64studio-users] Linux has no future for multimedia

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 20 09:05:40 PST 2008

Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> It's a shame, not because I speak it out, but because it might be like
>> that. I hope that I'm wrong.
>
> Can I just ask a quick question?  Who the hell are you anyway?  It's
> bloody annoying, from the point of view of someone who has been
> developing Linux software for around a decade and Linux audio software
> for a few years to have some relatively new person come in and start
> ranting about all the things he doesn't like, in fairly pejorative terms.
>
> I've noticed that in a couple of mailing list and forum posts you're
> throwing your name around like we're expected to recognise it.  I
> personally don't.  Now, either give us a good reason to listen to you
> or LURK MOAR ;-)
>
> Gordon

Hi Gordon :)

before someone else will boil over like I did.

Please try to understand the trigger of my misbehaving.

In the web there were some people with a broken Suse 11.0 JACK, because
there was a broken package, e.g. take a look at the Ardour forums.
Days after they have broken there JACKs, I have broken my JACK too, by
using the same package.
I reported this and the one who build the package said in a forum, that
he is using pro-audio Linux too, by using those packages and in a
mailing list he said, the package isn't broken, I made something wrong,
because I have no knowledge, nobody else should have the same problem.

The truth was, that everybody had the same problem, some people had it
before I had it and even after he recognised that the  package was
broken, he  blamed the users and a day after there still was a lib that
can damage a workstation.

This is something I noticed very often, that bug reports are ignored,
because the user should be the one who made something wrong. YMMV

I'm lurking only and even didn't reply to the many mails before. I hope
we can forget about it now. I'm sorry.

Is the package fixed now?

Cheers,
Ralf