[Ardour-Users] Ardour window resize problem

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:50:07 PST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry if I'm about to ask a stupid question; I'm not totally sure whether
it's an Ardour issue, or something else.

I'm using Ardour2(1:2.5-0ubuntu4) in Ubuntu 8.10 with Compiz.

Whenever I open Ardour, either in a new project or an existing project, the
main window extends beyond the current desktop's bounds. So, the right or
left edge is always extended onto the next desktop, just a tiny bit
(.5inch?). When I minimize the window, the vertical size changes, but the
horiz remains the same, extending past the desktop's bounds.

When I try to manually resize the window, it will not let me reduce the
horizontal size: i can only increase it. Vertical works as usual.

Problem persists after I change window manager to metacity, delete the
./ardour2/*.rc file as well as the uiconfig file, and restart ardour. It's
not project-specific, and it never occured until last night.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg