[Ardour-Users] [64studio-users] Linux has no future for multimedia

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 03:42:45 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 05:33:04AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> There is a chance to change things. The invalid package seems to be
> fixed now by two new packages. As I've written, a lot of people had that
> bug days before and it needs a flame war, to repair the package, because
> nobody takes care about the other posts.

If you have problems caused by a distro package, you should report it
to the packager. Reporting it to the upstream software developers is a
bit like complaining to a car manufacturer that the car they made
keeps getting caught in traffic jams.

People are trying to help you, but so far you haven't done many of the
things that were suggested to possibly solve your problems. Saying you
"might" try that, but you're just going to try a different package
or distro instead means you have wasted the time of the people who
answered.

If you've been a developer in the past you will understand these
points perfectly, and you will also understand how to go about
solving a software problem in a logical way.

Shotgunning multiple mailing lists with complaints is the wrong
approach. Doing your research first and then asking targetted,
concise questions is much more likely to get your problems fixed.

John