[Ardour-Users] broken gate-plugin with 2.7.1 release

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon Dec 15 09:23:19 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 15:12 +0000, rob wrote:
> Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> > Weird. I'm trying to duplicate the behavior but I can't. Can you post
> > the .ardour file of the session somewhere so I can try to duplicate the
> > bug?
> >
> Sure - wget get it here
> http://curates-egg.org/a2-sessions/2008-12-12-180116.ardour

All the gating I tried with your session file worked fine. One thing
which strikes me as suspect is how you are using inserts. Are you sure
your processing is correct in AMS? Maybe you have "wires" crossed
or .. ?

Can you tell me exactly what you do when you try to use the gate.
Please start from loading the session and describe each task
thoroughly. Tell us both the goal of an operation and also how exactly
you achieve it.

It would also be interesting to know whether the gate works if you
remove the insert on the drum channel.

 Sampo