[Ardour-Users] building a new machine for Ardour

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 11 03:05:10 PST 2008

Raphaël Doursenaud wrote:
> I'm very happy using a fanless  ATI Radeon HD2600 with the radeonhd
> driver.

I've got trouble with changing the vertical refresh using the vesa and
the radeonhd driver. The proprietary doesn't work. My ATI is an on-board
Radeon X1250-based. The vertical refresh for my monitor is set to 59.8
Hz and that isn't funny. I have to add that my monitor isn't able to get
higher than 68 or 69 Hz, even if X can be set to higher values, so I
can't test if vertical refresh around 80 Hz or higher are able. My Linux
are Suse 11.0, 11.1 RC, 64 Studio 2.1 Etch and 64 Studio 2.1 Lenny. On
the 64 Studio list there is a guy with a NVidia 6200, his install is a
64 Studio 2.1 Lenny, he wrote:

< > I am using nvidia driver and "nvidia X server settings" offers
1280x800 as
< maximum resolution.
< > But it looks bad on my wide screen so I am using 1280x786 now like a
highest
< suitable one.