[Ardour-Users] Session Has Disappeared Upon File Open

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 1 09:29:52 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 12:25 -0500, Ira Bronson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I am aware.  I have tried 2.7 and 2.6 and I honestly find the GUI
> performance sluggish (moving faders, choosing plugins, etc) and
> therefore unusable and I prefer X11 versions.  I very much want to run
> 2.4.1 (or at least try a few older versions to find the one that works
> the best with my system (PPC, OS X.4.11, 1.67GHz, 1.5GB RAM) but
> cannot find the downloads.

You should probably know that we do not intend to make any further
releases of the X11 version. There never was a 2.4.1 PPC release if I
recall correctly.

On the other hand, i believe that macports is now including ardour, so
there is some hope there for people who want to stay on that route.

> Back to the issue of the session disappearing...  yes, using that
> latest 2.7 does not open the file as well.

OK, send me the session file.

--p