[Ardour-Users] AU and VST on Ardour 2.5 x11 Universal Tiger PPC

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Aug 30 22:07:00 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 16:33 -0400, Matthew Polashek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm not seeing any AU or VST on Ardour 2.5 x11 Universal Tiger PPC.  Any
> thoughts?

There is no AU support in the X11 version (and never has been). This is
primarily because of the difficulty in supporting the plugin GUIs
("editors") from within X11. It would be possible to add AU support
without "native" GUIs (e.g. using the same host-built GUIs as we use for
LADSPA), but I wouldn't hold your breath. Supporting AU's properly was
one of several reasons for the "native" version of Ardour.

We have never supported VST on OS X. I am not sure we ever will, though
its only a matter of time rather than any missing technology that
prevents it.

--p