[Ardour-Users] [ardour-users] how can I get ardour VST to detect my plugins?

wendallsan wendall_dogman at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 11:22:28 PDT 2008

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> You need an environment variable called VST_PATH. Edit .bashrc and
> append the line
>
> export VST_PATH=~/vst
>
> Then log out and back in or, in a terminal, read in the settings of
> .bashrc by typing

Hi Wolfgang, thanks very much for the help.  I have the VST_PATH variable
set, have re-executed my .bashrc to reload my environment vars and I don't
see any changes in my list of plugins available.  Is there another step I
need to take?  Is it possible that my plugins may not be compatible and are
being excluded or something?  Again, thanks for the help, I'm really
interested in getting Ardour to work, it would be nice to churn out my 5th
album using Linux.