[Ardour-Users] plugin ideas

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 12:18:54 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Renato Fabbri <renato.fabbri at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/6 Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Felipe Machado <machado.felipe at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > it's a hard work made in two languages, but we have to.
>> > the questions are:
>> > 1 - what we will code firts?
>>

>> What will you code first? I think since it's Open Source you can code
>> whatever you think will be of the most value to you and your work.
>
> yep. but its better to join strenghs and know what other experienced (or
> more experienced) coders and linux multimedia users are up to, dont you
> think?

Possibly. If you're looking for Ardour ideas then check in to the
Ardour Mantis beg tracker. I think that Paul still supports placing
new feature ideas in there. you could look to what other folks are
asking for and then work on coding one of them.

If you're interest is specifically about technical coding of plugins
then you'll likely have to look other places.

>> > 2 - how we can code together? (this time, with the found we have from
>> > the
>> > brasilian ministry of culture, we can't pay for coders that no live in
>> > brasil, and maybe we dont't have founds to pay too, now. but in the
>> > future
>> > the ideia is pay developers around the world)
>>
>> Together with who? Typically you can code whatever you want and then
>> submit the code to the project maintainers. They will make a decision
>> whether to add it to the mainline code stream if they think it's good
>> enough.
>
> here is a starting repository for audio experiments:
> http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/b4ZY6Aov4r3Bwaab7jnrAJ
> for now, coding, there is me and Tiago Tavares. We exchange ideas too, not
> only code that we make without talking with each other.

Looks interesting.

>> > 3 - What the current developers think on our proposals?
>>
>> What proposals? Is there a written document?
>
> somethings are here:
> http://estudiolivre.org/tiki-index.php?page=pluginsdev-en
> take a look ate the guidelines at the end of the document.

Cool.

- Mark