[Ardour-Users] Trim problem in 2.4.1

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 03:25:02 PDT 2008

I've just hit a problem with trimming regions after updating
from 2.0.5. to 2.4.1. I used to trim to the edit cursor after right
clicking on the region's lower coloured strip. The equivalent
in 2.4.1 appears to be trim to edit point. I tried setting an
active marker at the point where I want the trim, but it trims it
to the point underneath the mouse cursor (which is on the menu I've
just clicked on, and is clearly in the wrong place).

The same thing happens if I use the top toolbar Edit menu. The trim
still goes to the point where the mouse cursor was when I click on the
menu.

What is the correct way to trim the start or end of a region?

John