[Ardour-Users] No track height button in 2.4.1

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 12:01:48 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:02:40PM +0000, james jwm-art net wrote:
> Right-mouse-click gets you the option to change track height.
>
> I preferred having the old 'h' button to control track height instead of
> the new gain control (which I keep changing by accident - it's in the
> way).

Thanks for the replies. The Track -> Height menu does work after all
on a selected region, so my inability to use it was pilot error.
I agree about the new gain control being in the way though. There isn't
much background area left (at normal height) to click on and when working
quickly it's easy to hit it by mistake. Less height on the horizontal fader
would help.

It's a little disconcerting no longer having the edit cursor, as I used
it so much, but hopefully it won't take long to get used to this.

Apart from these minor points, there are many improvements. Nice work!

John