[Ardour-Users] crash while opening project

francis keyes fkeymo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:54:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

Ardour version: ardour-2.3.1-3.fc8

The file was created and has only been used with this version of Ardour.

When I start Ardour from the terminal and try to open the file I get

** Message: Caught ...
** Message: Caught ...
** Message: Caught ...

(ardour-2.3:4462): Pango-WARNING **: failed to create cairo scaled font,
expect ugly output. the offending font is 'DejaVu Sans Oblique 10'

(ardour-2.3:4462): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output.
shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='DejaVu Sans Oblique 10', text='gain'

(ardour-2.3:4462): Pango-WARNING **: pango_font_get_glyph_extents called
with null font argument, expect ugly output
** Message: Caught ...

Pango-ERROR **: Unable to open font file
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf for font DejaVu Sans 9.9990234375,
exiting