[Ardour-Users] rhythm ferret

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Mon Apr 7 09:16:18 PDT 2008

Jonathan Stowe:
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 12:34 +0300, Ben Powers wrote:
> > Does RhythmFerret have a feature to just map tempo without
> > splitting regions? It would be great to have a one click "Map
> > tempo for X region" button.
>
> Well ardour has - I'm not sure if it uses Rhythm Ferret at all -
> see the Options/Tempo menu.

Ben, no 1-click for tempo. With the current audio analysis in ardour
(which is onset detection) it's not feasible.

But onset detection of course gives you a slick way to find unknown
tempo without splits: Find a range of one bar with the help of onset
detection and then set tempo from that range.

Like select the relevant track, move playhead to start of beat 1/bar 1
(ctrl-right), set a marker (kp-enter), move playhead on to start of
beat 1/bar 2 (with a number of ctrl-rights), set marker, change edit
point to "Marker", select the first marker, select the edit range
(F6) and, like Jonathan suggested, set tempo from edit range (0).

Of course, all this you can do visually, too. Only that onset
detection (using ctrl-left/right) would be accurate easily.

Wolfgang