[Ardour-Users] jack sample rate

DA. Forsyth steampipe at iwr.ru.ac.za
Mon Apr 7 00:13:39 PDT 2008

Hiya folks

I have been trying to convert to Ardour 2 (2.1 on FC6) and I have 2
issues...

firstly the colours on the screen.  I just cannot see with that dark on
dark colour scheme (some of us are a little colour blind folks, we need
choices and high contrast).  With 0.99.3 I changed a file and got a much
nicer scheme set up that I could see easily.  but I cannot find a similar
file for 2.1.

secondly I must be missing some setting somewhere as every project comes
up as 48000 sample rate.   I start jack using qjackctl and set it to
44100, I use envy24control to set the Delta1010LT to 44100 (any order).

Now I start Ardour and it shows the sample rate as 48000, envy24control
shows the hardware has been changed, and jack becomes confused and exits.
Surely Ardour sohudl take the setting from the hardware/jack, rather than
changing it?

I don't have disk space for high sample rates, and since I'm exporting to
CD anyway, 44100 is what I want but I just cannot seem to find the way to
get it.  funny thing is that 2 years back when I first ran ardour I had a
test session running at 96khz and switched to 48000 when I had xruns.  but
how did I do that? it seems to be stuck there.

thanks

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
Due to the electricity supplier being unable to meet demand