[Ardour-Users] OSX 2.3 Native

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Apr 3 17:53:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:58 -0400, Matthew Polashek wrote:
> I just gave a wing run through OSX 2.3 on Leopard PPC.  There are a
> multitude of problems.  The biggest problem was that dragging sound
> files into a track from the Regions area doesn't work.  Aldo, the GUI
> became non-responsive on many occasions.  (right click on a sound file,
> adding plugins, space bar for start and stop are all inconsistent. )
> Really this is just an FYI, but it made for an exhausting session with
> several crashes.

It would really be a lot more helpful to file actual bug reports. Then I
can respond to particular points more effectively, and we don't lose
track of any of these issues.

As I've said to many people, reports about ardour crashing are actually
totally useless unless they come with a crash log and/or a recipe for
recreating the crash. Otherwise, they are just noise that I can do
nothing to fix.

None of things you've mentioned have been raised to date by existing OSX
native users. That doesn't mean they aren't real, it just means that
there has been no reason for me to fix the problems since I don't know
about them.

--p