[Ardour-Users] Pro Tools Compatibility

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 01:25:39 PDT 2007

If you're able to run Wine or if you have a Windows box or partition
available, you can have AAF import now.  However, it's pretty much
untested - esp. for NTSC and dropframe, where it hasn't had any testing
at all.

On the Pro Tools side, I believe that PT only offers AAF export via the
Digitranslator option, which is a chargeable extra. Again though, I've no
idea how well it works....  If you know someone else with Digitranslator,
I'd suggest getting them to try some "dummy run" exports before you
commit yourself to the expense of Digitranslator.

John