[Ardour-Users] hardware monitoring

david headon davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 09:09:12 PDT 2007

Hi all,

just wondering why i am not getting hardware monitoring thru Ardour ( v 2.0.5 - i finally upgraded to newish ardour )
.
i have it selected in the options dialogue in ardour,   In  QjackCTL i have H/W monitor ticked, as well as realtime, monitor, h/w/meter.
The system is 64studio,
( Debian 4.0, kernel 2.6.22-1  multimedia-amd64 ), and behaves really well other than this small ( important ) problem.

Jack config all looks as it should, with my Hammerfall 9652 as master.

Is there a simple oversight that could lead to this?
I did do a synaptic update that i think upgraded Ardour.
Could that be a cause?

thanks for the insight in advance.

Oh BTW, i am just blown away by how beautiful ardour is now under gtk...
the whole system is an absolute joy to work with!!
i have no interest in ,my old cubase installation at all now !-)

thaks again-

dav=-0