[Ardour-Users] Using the BCF2000 MIDI ports

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Sep 20 04:55:45 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Jonathan Stowe <jns at gellyfish.com> wrote:

> However the drum machine he no start when I start the transport :-( I
> think I might have to spend some quality time with the documentation for
> the device as I thought I had it set up right :-\

Yeah, most drum machines don't accept MTC (which is a timecode format,
not a musical tempo clock), instead they look for MIDI clock messages
which get sent 24 times per quarter note (IIRC), and probably also the
clock start and stop events (which are different from the MMC
transport messages that ardour sends).   All in all, I have a feeling
ardour won't give your drum machine the info it needs via midi :(

jlc