[Ardour-Users] Howto firgure settings out

Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen sv-e at sv-e.dk
Tue Sep 18 05:54:10 PDT 2007

Hey
I've just put in a REM Digi96/8 in my computer and attached it to a
Behringer ADA8000 interface. I can se all the ADAT ports so it seems all
okay so far. But I wonder how I can calculate the best setup for my card
so that it uses a minimum of processor time. I've managed to setup my
jack with these settings:

apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw:0,1|hw:0,1|256|4|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|
32bit

Is there a simple formular to use to calculate settings such as
Frames/Period SampleRate Periods/Buffer.

Thanks in advantage

/Sv-e