[Ardour-Users] Recording a bit after a first record

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Sep 12 15:58:18 PDT 2007

Hello,

  I've recorded part of a track.  Now I want ot record on the same
track, but a bit further, and start the whole playing from that point
(i.e. not a punch-in type of thing).  Ardour does not seem to let this
happen.  On the other hand, I've recorded a bit in the middle of a tune
without any problem, when no other recorded region exosts on the same
track.

  Now, do I have to absolutely use punch-in to record further on the
same track when there's already recorded material before it or am I
trying to do something that can't be possible by simply pressing
record and starting play/record from a random position ?

  The included screenshot shows Ardour runnign and not recording
anything on the Takamine track.

Al