[Ardour-Users] Ardour on Apple Mac

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Sep 7 04:05:03 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 09:56 +0000, John Emmas wrote:
> Is there anything similar available for Mac users?  Or is it possible for a
> Mac user to install Ardour without needing to compile from source?  Thanks.

the Mac DMG ("Disk iMaGE") is a point-and-click install. it has been
that way for a couple of years now. you just download it and double
click the icon. The DMG currently requires JACK and X11 already be
installed (which are also point-n-click jobs). My new OS X native
version includes JACK and does not require X11 any more, but I have not
officially released a version yet.

it would be nice if we could offer that on Linux, but the varieties of
distributions and their configurations make it more work than anyone has
been willing to put in.

--p