[Ardour-Users] Ardour plays back not in tune

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Thu Sep 6 18:35:42 PDT 2007

Hi,

  I've recorded some sketches.  When I record a sketch I also make an
export to wav at the end so that it's convenient to listen to
it elsewhere (once converted to ogg).  Now, when trying to pick up on
such a sketch, I noticed that the wav (eg. ogg) export was right in
tune when played along on a tuned accoustic instrument.  But when the
same session is loaded into Ardour, it plays a bit more than a half
a tone above.  This is for an accoustic bass track.  I find it annoying
since I'd like to pick it up from the Ardour tracks (eg. muting some,
etc...) instead of the wav/ogg export.

  Or am I doing something wrong ? If I do an export now, the tracks
will be off by a bit more than a half tone.  The only reliable tracks
that stays is the export I did at the end of the sketch session.

  In between I made a re-installation of Fedora Core 6.  But that
should not change anything, isn't it ?

  UPDATE: I found out that jack's sampling rate was the culprit.  After
re-installation is was set to 48000 while I was doing all my work at
44100.  Interesting how jack can influence the tunign of the
rendering of the audio tracks recorded in Ardour.

Cheers and thanks for reading,

Al