[Ardour-Users] new import dialog

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 07:13:58 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Johnston" <andy at 1300biteme.com>

> My suggestion is that there is a tick box that says 'autoplay', so i can
> use the keyboard and press the down arrow to go through the list while
> it auto plays them, and all the other times I DON'T want them
> to autoplay I just turn it off!

I'd be inclined to agree with this approach.  It needs to be borne in mind
though that auditioning is only suitable for the simpler audio file types
(mono/stereo WAVs and the like).  More complex audio formats such as AES31,
OMF etc wouldn't lend themselves to being auditioned in the same way.  Maybe
the tick box should automatically deselect (and gray) itself if auditioning
isn't appropriate.

John