[Ardour-Users] new import dialog

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:28:36 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Geoff Beasley <songshop at bizmedia.com.au> wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 September 2007 23:43, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> > hit stop. (Not the song's transport.) At a minimum auditioning should
>
> > require a double-click on the first file being auditioned and an easy
>
> > way to halt auditioning when the user needs to.
>

> why not have this behaviour selectable by the user ? sometimes this can be
> very useful eg: trawling thru 200 door-slam samples doing audio for
> film/video etc..

Sure, I can see that. Maybe if you double click the first sample to
get the audition going and then single click or use a keyboard arrow
to navigate to a new sample then it's fine that it goes on playing
until you get to the end of the last sample you've selected. My vote
is only that the process doesn't automatically start by simply
selecting the first one but that could be a configuration item.

- Mark