[Ardour-Users] new import dialog

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:43:31 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 19:35 +1000, Tim Mayberry wrote:
<SNIP>

> > Auditioning a file should occur when it is selected and not on
> > double-click. double-click should import the files/activate "OK".
>
> this is absolutely wrong.
>
>         1) the user does not want to audition every file they select -
>              they know the contents of many of them and it would be
>              simply irritating to have them playing when all you do
>              is to select a file.

Not that my input matters much but I agree with Paul on this one. One
of the more frustrating features of Acid Pro is that when playing a
song if I select a loop for audition it automatically starts playing
the loop with the song. It's nice in a sense since this is what Acid
is about but to stop it I have to go find a different transport and
hit stop. (Not the song's transport.) At a minimum auditioning should
require a double-click on the first file being auditioned and an easy
way to halt auditioning when the user needs to.

Cheers,
Mark