[Ardour-Users] Ardour input level issues

David dplist at free.fr
Wed Oct 24 16:56:50 PDT 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:26:00 +0100
John Rigg <au at sound-man.co.uk> wrote:

> FWIW I've been using three Delta 1010s with an analogue mixer
> for quite a while without any level problems. I just make sure
> that analogue signals are a sensible (non-clipping) level on the
> mixer's meters, and that the digital signals are a sensible level
> (also non-clipping) on Ardour's meters.

IIRC, Delta 1010s use an ICE1712 chip like other Deltas. For my
information, what are your settings for the "analog volume" controls
(DAC/ADC) and why ?

Also, I've always wondered what the two Deemphasis controls (as
seen in alsamixer) were and what I should do with it. I have set them to
Off for now.

Thanks !

--
David