[Ardour-Users] Ardour input level issues

Dan Tepper soundman at wintaper.com
Wed Oct 24 12:48:49 PDT 2007

or more likely, you may be sending a line-level signal into a mic-level
input.

In either case, it is most likely that you are overloading the analog
inputs to your soundcard. Turn down the output of your mixer.

Ardour only shows you the level AFTER Analog-to-Digital conversion. If
you distort in the analog stage, it will sound distorted regardless of
the levels you see in your DAW software.