[Ardour-Users] Ardour input level issues

porl sheean porl42 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 05:19:35 PDT 2007

i know this is messy, but i keep fscking up the 'reply' and 'reply to all'
thingies now that the list has changed the way it works. obviously thomas
has been getting these, but in case it helps anyone else i'll paste a copy
here:

------

 On 24/10/2007, Thomas Dermako <dermakot716 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I run the output from the SBLive back into the tape in of the
> behringer and from there to powered tascam speakers. Wish I knew what's
> distorting - I can get it to  not distort now but the input levels at both
> the board and in ardour seem really low... btw i dumped the digitech and am
> now going straight into the board with the strat - same prob, lower volume.

On 24/10/07, porl sheean < porl42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> are you using ardour's 'software monitoring' option for the monitoring, or
> the sb live's internal mixer? if you use the 'software monitoring' option
> then i think you should be hearing exactly what ardour hears. if it is
> distorted there, try to connect in jack the input straight to an output port
> to hear if it is ardour itself that is distorting (i can't think why it
> would do that though).

porl

ps. hope this doesn't annoy anyone, just thought it might be helpful.